Arrival/Dismissal Procedures and Safety Reminders:
- Children should arrive no earlier than 8:25 a.m.
Kindergarten – Students should be dropped off at the Pine Street Entrance, enter the building, and wait outside the classroom. (The door will be opened at 8:25 a.m.)
Grades 1-4 – Students should line up in the back lot and wait to enter the building. * If arriving by car, please use Cypress Street.
*During inclement weather, all students may enter the building at 8:25 a.m. and line up outside their classroom doors. Please observe the flags hanging outside the building to determine if it is an “inside” or “outside” line-up day.
Flag colors: Green Flag (outside line-up) Red Flag (inside line-up)
2. For the safety of our children, please be certain that the children use the designated crosswalk areas and do not cross the street directly from your parked car. Please do not park in the “Drop Off Zone”.
- Any students arriving after 8:35 a.m. should enter through the Pine Street entrance. The Cypress Street door will be locked.
- Students will be dismissed by their teachers:
Kindergarten – Students will exit through the Cypress Street door.
Grades 1-4 – Students will exit out the doors in the back of the school.
- Parents or guardians picking up at dismissal, please stand back from the stairs and meet your child at the designated area posted for your child’s class. If a parent is not present during this time, the child is brought to the main office and phone calls are made. Please make sure all phone numbers and contact information is current.
- Send a written signed note informing us about any changes in your regular dismissal routines. An email is acceptable for last minute changes, addressed to the classroom teacher and firstname.lastname@example.org in the main office. Additionally, please follow up with a phone call to the main office to confirm receipt of your email for any changes after 1p.m. For students who attend after school programs (other than SAM or ASE) please send a letter informing us of this arrangement.
- Mark your home calendar for any early dismissal days to insure your child’s appropriate supervision.